Specialty trained in the culture and unique needs of the first responders and law enforcement officers. Law enforcement officers and first responders have unique jobs, they have experiences that others don’t have, and they have mental health needs that aren’t “the usual” everyday need. As a Certified First Responder Counselor, I am specially trained to understand the needs of these heroes, including the importance of confidentiality and trust.
- BENEFITS OF A CERTIFIED FIRST RESPONDER CLINICIAN
- Specialized knowledge of the first responder and law enforcement officer culture, special mental health needs, and expectations.
- Informed of trends and news that matter to your responder counseling practice.
- Continuing education to stay current on responder needs and challenges.
As a CFRC I will help to guide, support and understand the following:
- The mentality of a Law Enforcement Officer
- The perspective of a First Responder
- The culture / family of response teams
- The trauma of being a responder
- The triad of health & well-being in regard to safety
- Suicide in law enforcement
- Warrior mentality
- Peer support vs Peer pressure
- Denial, Job Security, and other reasons to resist counseling
- The spouse, children, family of a responder
- The real goal of helping a responder
- The importance of self-debriefing as a responder counselor
- Confidentiality and trust
- Rapport with a warrior
- Other issues related specifically to working in a counselor role with a First Responder